General molecular structure of PMMA
PMMA molecular structure
Being highly stable under weathering conditions, easy to mould, with a high degree of transparency and light transmission (92%), these sheets are ideal for manufacturing signs, lettering and lighting.
Their high optical quality also makes them suitable for certain magnifying glasses, lenses or prisms, and even for mirrors.
Other advertising and sales point displays, canopies, partitions, domes ....can also be made from these sheets.
Available in different thicknesses, they can also be ordered in other
colours such as opal and with different engraved surfaces (amongst which we should mention the so-called technical engravings: Nº 3, Nº 16, Nº 57... highly recommend for lighting applications) or with anti-glare finish (Arraglass).
|The ultraviolet radiation|
from the sun causes the
image's colours to fade
|The anti-fading treatment|
of the sheets preserves
the vividness of the colours
almost like the original image.
- It is possible to provide sheets with an anti-glare finish. This property makes it especially suitable for protecting all types of photographs, paintings, diplomas, poster...
- A smooth crystal product with anti-fading protection (not anti-glare) is available on demand.
- Main advantages of Arraglass compared to glass: Anti-reflection, Impact resistant, Lightweight with good rigidity, Easy to handle
A lot of other special coatings are possible:
- Colour coating (many possibilities)
- All anti abrasion coatings are available with a MATT aspect
- Anti drop coating
- Water spreading coating
- Anti Fog coating
- Scratch resistant and anti-graffiti-effect
All those coatings are available from a minimum quantity of 5 sheets!
Cast Acrylic Blocks - RXbloks
|PMMA extruded sheets Product Range||Sheets per pallet thickness in mm|
|Length||+/- 2 mm|
|Width||+/- 1 mm|
|Thickness||< 2,5 mm +/- 10%|
> 2,5 mm +/- 5%
Cast Acrylic Sheets - RXacryl
For application with a high quality of design, it is necessary to use "cast PMMA".
The properties are the almost same like extruded PMMA but the appearance is quite different because without defect and possibility to see the extrusion line.
With cast PMMA, it is also possible to produce blocks and sheets up to a thickness of 60 mm.
|Special coating specific for PMMA sheets|
KASI® - GL (104kB)
|Scratch resistant, cold forming|
KASI® - GL Flex (96kB)
|Scratch resistant , UV-curing:|
KASI® - UVP (95kB)
|Antistatic, easy to clean|
KASI® - AS (76kB)
|Antistatic, scratch resistant|
KASI® - AS-Hart (89kB)
|Delivery programme possibilities|
|ERIKS type||Definition||Delivery programme|
|RXacryl white and opal||48kB|
RXblack and white
|RXacryl colours of the '70s||49kB|
| RXmetallic |